Thursday, March 24, 2011

Open Season

No, I will not fear you anymore
I'm through hiding in the house
I'm outside to do my gardening like a woman
Not run and squeal like a mouse

You sting my skin and make it itch
Ok, it's quite impressive
But I am tougher than a bug
And probably just as obsessive

So, bring it on!
Is that the best you can do?
I'll smack myself as hard as I can
just to be rid of you!

(by Doris Sturm)

 ...and that's how we do it down South! (bzzzzzzzzzz - whack!)

Yep, it's that time of year again....

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, did you write this? How cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ginny, I did today - I wanted to commemorate my huge insect sting on my upper arm as mosquitoes and gnats are after me again - BUT, I have also seen lots and lots of big ole dragonflies and I know they are having a feast...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you must be making a positive poem for that spider bite (?). It's a great one, Maybe you could help with Andy's tests - lol. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around these parts we call them our State Bird, lol!

    Great Poem Sister! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete